In this section of the test, you will have the change to show how well you understand spoken English. There are four parts to this section with special direction for each part.
Part I. Pictures
Question: 1 to 3
For each item, there is a picture in your test book and four short statements about it on the tape. They are spoken TWICE, and are not written out on your test book, so you must listen carefully. You must choose one statement-(A), (B), (C), or (D) – that best describes the picture. Then, on your answer sheet, mark your choice.
A. The clock is hanging at the left.
B. The man is holding some books.
C. The bookshelf is behind the man.
D. The window is wide open. .
Choice (C) – “ The bookshelf is behind the man” – best describes what is seen in the picture. Therefore, you should mark (C) on answer sheet.
Now let’s begin with picture number 1.
Part II. Question – Responses
Questions : 4 to 7.
In this part of the test, you will hear several Questions spoken in English, followed by there responses, also spoken in English. The questions and responses will be spoken TWICE. They will not be printed in your test book, so you must listen carefully to understand what the speakers say. You have to choose the best response to each question.
Now listen to a sample question :
You will hear : Woman : Where do you live?
You will also hear : Man :
(A) In the morning (B) On Jln. Pramuka. (C)With my parents.
Choice (B) – “ On Jln. Pramuka.”- is the best response to the question “Where do you live?” Therefore, you should mark (B) on your answer sheet.
4. Mark your answer on your answer sheet. 5. Mark your answer on your answer sheet. 6. Mark your answer on your answer sheet. 7. Mark your answer on your answer sheet.
Part III. Short Conversations
Questions : 8 to 11
In this part of the test, you will hear several short conversations. You will hear the conversations two times. The conversations will not be printed in your test book, so you must listen carefully to understand what the speakers say.
In your test book, you will read a question about each conversation. The question will be followed by four answers. You have to choose the best answer to each question, and mark it on your answer sheet.
You will hear : Man : Are you students here?
Woman : Yes, Sir. Man : Where is the English class? Woman : Next to the library.
You will read : Where does the dialogue happen?
A. At the hospital. B. At the station. C. At the market. D. At school.
Choice (D) – “At school” – is the best answer to the question, ”Where does the dialogue happen? ”Therefore, you should mark (A) on answer sheet.
8. What did the man do? A. He gave the lecture. B. He introduces himself. C. He thanked the woman. D. He read the woman’s book.
9. What kinds of sports does the man like to play? A. Fitness. B. Soccer. C. Tennis. D. Badminton.
10. What will the man probably? A. A car. B. A bicycle. C. A motorbike. D. A mobile phone.
11. What does the man want? A. His hotel bill B. A cup of coffee C. A business partner. D. The first coffee break
Part IV. Short Talks
Questions : 12 to 15
In this part of the test, you will hear several short talks. Each will be spoken two times. They will not be printed in your test book, so you must listen carefully to understand and remember what is said.
In your test book, you will read two or more questions about each short talk. Each question will be followed by four answers. You have to choose the best answer to each question and mark it on your answer sheet.
12. What can be inferred about this product? A. Anita’s cake can be made to suit special occasions. B. Anita’s cakes are available 24 hours a day. C. The product is offered by Anita. D. The product is sold at the office.
13. What can Anita’s cake provide for early morning meetings? A. Coffee rolls and donuts. B. Pies and cakes. C. Donuts and pies.
D. Coffee and tea.
14. What changes has been announced? A. The flight number B. The gate number C. The arrival time D. The boarding pass
15. What is the current weather condition? A. It is raining B. It is cloudy C. It is windy D. It is icy